RODNEY OKC Bail Bonds serving Oklahoma City, Norman, Moore, and Noble, OklahomaCommonly asked Questions

Will I need to hire an attorney? 

If you have been arrested on a Felony or Misdemeanor, you will likely be required by the court to hire an attorney.  If you are not sure if you will need an attorney, you can ask the judge when you go in for arraignment.   If your case requires that you hire an attorney, we recommend that you talk to several to find the right one for you and your case.  Most attorneys will offer a free, no-obligation consultation.  We have provided a partial list of local attorneys to help you get started in your search.

What about getting a free Public Defender? 

Public defenders are appointed by the court for defendants who cannot afford to hire an attorney.  In order to apply for a Public Defender, you will be required to complete an application requesting a public defender for your case.  In Oklahoma County, the applications are available online or at the Public Defender’s office located on the sixth floor of the Oklahoma County Court House. (Here is a link to commonly asked questions from Oklahoma Co’s PD website.)   In Cleveland County, applications are available at the Court Clerk’s office.  There is a small fee required to apply for a Public Defender.  Paying the fee and filling out the application does not guarantee that you will get one.  There will be a hearing where the court in your case will review your application and determine if you will be appointed a PD.  Please keep reading.

It is important to know that making bond creates a presumption that you are financially able to hire a private attorney. This presumption does not mean that you cannot get a public defender; it simply means that you must demonstrate financial need to the judge before he or she will appoint a public defender for you.  If, for example, you are unable to work due to a disability and your only source of income is disability income, a judge may agree that you are unable to afford to hire a private attorney.

What is an arraignment? 

Your first court date is usually called an arraignment or initial appearance.  If you do not already have a court date, have not seen a judge, or do not have a permanent case number, you will need to go before a judge for an arraignment.  (You do not need an attorney for this).   Courts vary in how they handle arraignments, here are a few examples:

  • Cleveland County-  If you don’t have an attorney, Cleveland County does a walk-in arraignment every Thursday and Friday.   You must go to the Cleveland County Courthouse  and report in at the Court Clerk’s Office, before noon on a Thursday or Friday. This must be done within 10 business days of your release from jail.  When you report in, you will be told what time to come back (usually 1:30 p.m.) to see a judge (they will also tell you which judge.)   At that time, the judge will read the charges to you and you will be given your next court date.  You do not have to have an attorney for this arraignment.   If you have already hired an attorney, the attorney can go to arraignment with you.
  • Oklahoma County Temp Cases– If the District Attorney has not yet filed any charges in your case, you will have a temporary case number.  These cases are also referred to as “Temp Cases” or “CPC Cases”.  (CPC stands for Criminal Probable Cause.)  You will be given your first arraignment date when you bond out.  If the District Attorney has not filed charges by that date, you will need to return for a second arraignment date approximately four weeks later.
  • Norman City Court- You must go to the Norman Municipal Court and report in with the Municipal Court Clerk within 5 business days of being bonded out.   When you report in, the clerk will tell you your assigned court date.
  • Moore City Court– If you have bonded out on City of Moore charges, your court date was assigned when the bond was posted.  If you did not receive this information from the jail, contact the Moore Municipal Court  or call our office at 405-205-0603.

Is there a way for me to track my court dates?

Yes, most county level criminal cases, including Oklahoma County and Cleveland County cases, can be tracked online at  At the top of the home page select “Court Dockets”, and then “Search Dockets” from the menu on the left side of the screen.  Search by your name or case number.

Some city dockets are available online;  Oklahoma City cases   Moore Case Lookup .

What if I miss court?

If something happens and you do miss court, call your attorney and Rodney ASAP.  We can help you to get a new court date.  (If you miss a court date and do nothing, you will have a Failure to Appear, the court will issue an arrest warrant, your bond will be forfeited, and you will end up back in jail.  The courts don’t forget, and charges will not just go away.)  So, if you miss a court date, call and we can help you.

That being said, go to court!  As one of our clients wants said, “Nothing good comes from missing court”.  It is very important that you go to court.  Always be on time, arrive 30 minutes early and dressed appropriately.  No shorts, t-shirts, flip-flops, etc…  Also, turn off your phone and other devises.  What you wear and how you act will make an impression on the Judge and the District attorney; good or bad.

Do I need to report in to my Bondsman?

Yes, you will need to report in to your bondsman every Wednesday.  You can go to our website, call or send a text to Rodney to check in.  It is very important that you communicate with your bondsman and that your bondsman is able to contact you. Call Rodney ANY time you have a change, for example, you get a new phone number, your work or address change, or if you get a court date.  Also, please let Rodney know who you hired as your attorney.

Additional Resources:

What to expect in the courtroom.

Community Resources




Cleveland County Attorneys

Tim Kuykendall
209 S. Crawford Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73112
(405) 321-1403

Elton Jenkins
115 S. Peters #6 Norman, OK 73069
(405) 579-1678

Nick Pantalone
108 E. Main Street Norman, OK 73069
(405) 321-7000

Oklahoma County Attorneys

Marcy Fassio
435 N. Walker, Ste #201, Oklahoma City, OK 73102
(405) 593-8444

Marna Franklin
620 N. Robinson #203, Oklahoma City, OK 73102
(405) 239-2726

Robert Sisson
217 N. Harvey #204, Oklahoma City, OK 73102
(405) 406-4384

Mark Henricksen
600 N. Walker #201 Oklahoma City, OK
(405) 609-197

Robert S. Jackson
1300 NW 10th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73106
(405) 602-8614

Alex Palmer
4501 N. Classen Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73118
(580) 713-1440

Richard Morrissette
7204 S. Pennsylvania Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73159
(405) 208-8835